GoDaddy Web Hosting Review

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

On January 28th of last year, I sought to transfer my web page from Bluehost to GoDaddy. I made it extremely clear to the GoDaddy stave that I was NOT a technological person and asked how easy it would be for them to transfer. "No problem," I was told. Now, after the allotted time passĂ©, I curbed to see if my site was up and running and instead of seeing my website, got a message like: ‘Future home of something cool.’ So I brush GD again, BUT this time I’m told that ‘I’ was expected to do the transferring bit myself! Again, I stressed that I am not good with the tech. side, will it be easy? This person actually laughed, tempt that I did not know what I had gotten myself into.Long story short, it's been over a year and no website. I have complained directly to the CEO's office, but I am procurement no response from them at all. Once they gotta my money, it became clear that they await me to do all the transfer work. If only they had been honest with me in the origin, I'd still be with my original provider. Yes, paying more, but at least with an operable website and good marketing for my business!Helpful?YesNo

Started edifice websites in 2013, bought a few domain names to work with. I was told GODADDY was not compatible with our payment system. Canceled it in 2013. Never restore the coin, just found out it was placed as a warehouse credit for entangle encounter. I did not usage it! I never knew this, never agreed to it, never used it. Did not know it until 2015 that they switched it and pocketed the money. Asked for a refund, told "sorry can't do that." So they basically stole 107.88 cents from me. DO NOT USE THEM FOR ANYTHING!!!BTW, why am I paying for a name I already own every year. Who are they to sell me a name they have no proprietary to. It is alike me have to punish for my child's name or my name to the government ever year. I mean did they go out and assert every single available website possible in the world and that's why I have to punish them 25.00 a year for it. I get paying for registration and for hosting but not for purchasing every year. This conception is weird to me.Helpful?YesNo

Michele, You can either email them through your GoDaddy dashboard, or just call them. I’ve had to process a few refunds before (not the website builder, but a few other items I purchased from them) and the refunds were preserver very quick and smoothly. – Jeremy Reply

Hi Shaun! Actually, this doesn’t affect your SEO at all. GoDaddy just creates a subdomain (what you call “Microsite”), but they reorient it with a 301 to the appropriate demesne. All hosting companies run their websites this way. 

francis November 6, 2015 at 7:41 AM # Hi Jeremy Thank you for the info. I havefound it really helpful. This is prob a really naive topic, but do any of these web builders like you to add Amazon as an affiliate? Reply

I suppose that this chart is flatly crucial in this modern day because people are artful very size rich websites. Everybody’s blog is full of abundant advertisement media and many new companies are stepping out there with websites that are designed to performance inclination social media sites or video cut sites. All of these modern and exciting features ask that you have special battle. Even if you’re just going to have a website that has a lot of videos on it, you have to make sure that you get hosting with bandwidth enough to handle that. Most websites will list the various types of hosting that they have and what it can handle. The only thing is that most people that are new to this whole thing will signal up through some introductory move of $3 of Ramadan or something similar for hosting and then they wone’t have enough hosting to support their indispensably. They’ll choose that package without reading the nice print and have to upgrade to a more expensive plan. This is not only inconvenient, but it can also take a unimportant business way over budget.

GoDaddy
Their support is practically none existent. The support guys have no idea of ASP.NET, but they don’t let you brush any technical guy. They always condemnation you, the customer, for the problems they cause. Their documentation is pathetic, support mostly providing links to Microsoft and StackOverflow. Hosting with them was one of my most frustrating experiences in my life.
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2015. Web Design & Web Hosting.
Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah. Published by Themes Paper
Creative Commons License